Pupil Premium - Free School Meals
All children in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2 at state schools in England automatically get free school meals as part of the Universal Free School Meals programme. However, parents and guardians are encouraged to apply for additional Pupil Premium funding, if families are on a lower income, when they enrol their child at a school to support their child at school. This can be applied for at any point during your child's time at Oreston if you meet the criteria below.
Registering for Pupil Premium funding could raise an extra £1,345 for your child’s primary school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
Children, whose parents are getting any of the following, are entitled to Pupil Premium funding:
- Universal Credit – from 1 April 2018 provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods.
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right can also get free school meals.
How to apply
Apply through Plymouth City Council by using the following link: www.plymouth.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
This is the quickest and easiest way to apply and will result in you getting an instant decision. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the school office if you would like some help with the online form or to use the phone.
Please let the office know when you have submitted an application.
Please find information here regarding our use of the Government's Pupil Premium funding.
Pupil Premium Strategy 2022-2023
Pupil Premium Strategy 2021- 2022
Pupil Premium Plan 2020-2021 and Review of 2019-2020
Pupil Premium Plan 2019-2020 and Review of 2018-2019
Pupil Premium Plan 2018 -19 and Review 2017 -18
Previous Pupil Premium documents